Friday, January 15, 2010

the french do it better


I recently noticed that amongst the make up I carried with me on a daily basis, one very important product had been absent for a few weeks. My trusted powder compact hadn't been making an appearance since I started using Laura Mercier Mineral Primer.

Mercier, who invented primers, has been leading the industry with her Original, Hydrating and Oil-Free formulas since the 90's. Her latest, Mineral Primer adds to her Mineral collection of beautiful crushed pearl laden loose powders and easy to use pressed mineral powders ( not that you'll be carrying yours with if you pat the primer on first). Not only does it smooth pores but it keeps oil at bay all day long.

Another favorite primer of mine, Hourglass Mineral Primer, is fragrance, oil and paraben free. It leaves a satiny, glowing finish that I love for fair skinned clients. A favorite amongst Barney's New York employees, even boys get into it. Their other primer, 'Solar Tan' is a sheer primer that leaves a gradual tan. I love this one for darker skin tones or girls looking for a glow.

No comments: